Chili Cheese Toast is a classic recipe which my little one loves. The recipe is super simple, you can prepare this in just 7-10 minutes, Chili Cheese Toast makes yummy snack box option for kids. Since I am preparing it for my little one, I […]
Kidney beans are nutrient dense food, it is high in amino acids and easily digestible. If you are a vegetarian, kidney beans can complete your regular protein requirement in a healthy way. In fact, dried beans contain twice the amount of folate as compared to […]
Ragi needs no introduction, it is a wholesome ingredient which is must for the kid’s growth and development. It is never too early to start introducing ragi into your child’s diet, it a foundation for a healthy lifestyle. finger millet is popularly known as ragi in India household. It is a superfood because it is rich in plant-based protein, iron, and calcium.
Apart from this, ragi is loaded with natural antioxidants and helps to promote hair growth. In short, the ragi is a wholesome food for the entire family, my personal favorite is ragi halwa. This ragi banana pancakes can be offered as finger food for babies and toddlers too. If your child is teething, a few pieces of ragi banana pancakes can calm them.
Ragi Banana pancakes – Healthy and Easy Recipes for Kids
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Ripe banana – 2 nos
- Roasted chana dal – 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder -2 pinch
- Honey -1 tablespoon
- Warm milk – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Ghee – 2-4 spoons
View this post on Instagram
Lotus seeds and ragi banana pancakes #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #babysnack #kidstiffinbox #lunchbox #quickrecipes #quickandeasyfood #foodblogger #ragi #preschoollunch #preschoolfood #zenithbuzz #vegfood #babyfood #raisingafoodie #tiffenbox #lunchboxrecipes #southindianfood #recipes #easyrecipes #lotusseeds #bangalorefoodblogger #bangalorefoodies #mommycooking #chefmom #instadaily #instafood #fushionfood
Method to Prepare
- Get all the ingredients ready, peel and mash the banana well. Instead, you can also give it a quick pulse in the mixer grinder.
- Take a pan and dry roast the chana dal in low flame for about 2- 3 minutes. Allow it to cool and grind it into a fine powder.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add ragi flour, roasted chana dal powder, cardamom powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Now add warm milk, ripe banana, and honey to the dry ingredients and mix everything well. Make sure no lumps are formed, the consistency should be similar to dosa batter.
- Allow this ragi banana pancake batter to rest for 10-15 minutes. This will make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated with each other.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour some ghee, allow the pan to get hot and gentle pour the ragi banana batter on it.
- Drizzle some ghee and cover the pancake. Make sure you are cooking the pancake in low flame only.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and then flip the side. Now, open cook this side of ragi banana pancakes for 1-2 minutes in low flame.
- Repeat the same for rest of the batter.
- Serve the ragi banana pancakes with some honey on top or any fruit of your choice.
- You can replace the honey with sugar or palm jaggery. If you are preparing this recipe for babies under 1 year, skip honey and salt.
- It is best to use the ripe banana, it makes the ragi banana pancakes naturally sweet.
- You can prepare the pancakes on dosa tawa, but I would suggest you use the non-stick pan for best results.
- The pancakes should be cooked in low flames only, overheating can burn the ragi pancakes.
- You can skip roasted chana dal, it is totally optional.
Tomato thokku is a tangy and yummy side dish which goes well with idli, dosa, appam, and even roti. It is made with minimum ingredients and is loaded with rich flavour and godness of tamoato. You just need some fresh ripe tomatoes, basic spices and […]
Paneers are loaded with natural proteins and strengthens the immune system of kids. If you are a vegetarian and your kid is not a fan of milk, paneer is the best choice to include a good amount of vitamin A, D into their diet. Moreover, […]
Potato is one of my favorite vegetables, it is versatile and yummy in all form. It is easily available and is rich in natural carbohydrates. Potatoes provide much-needed energy to the growing kids. They are naturally gluten-free and are incredibly filling. Moreover, potatoes are the […]
When you don’t know what to prepare for little one’s tiffin box , bread comes to the rescue. A quick and easy vegetable sandwich for lunch box can be made in minutes with bread slices. All you need is a few ingredients to get started. You can use the vegetable of your choice to prepare the sandwich.
I have made a quick cucumber sandwich for my little one and used green chutney to make it healthier lunch box dish. Cucumbers are loaded with vitamins and minerals. It promoted hydration and is rich in natural antioxidants.
I prefer to make fresh green chutney for the sandwich base, you can also stock the green chutney and use it as per the need. When refrigerated, the green chutney can last 4-5 days. Here goes the quick cucumber sandwich recipe.
Cucumber Sandwich – Lunch Box Recipes
- Brown Bread – 6 slices
- Green chutney – 2 tablespoons
- Veg Mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Cucumber – 1 nos
- Onion – 1 nos
View this post on Instagram
Watermelon and cucumber sandwich #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #toddlerlife #daughterlunch #healthyfoodchoices #foodblog #healthymeals #healthylifestyle #kidstiffinbox #like4likes #zenithbuzz #indianfoodie #foodblogger #foodposter #foodposts #dailyfoodporn #bestforkids #brownbread #vegetarian #vegfoodporn #cucumber #food #bangalorelifestyleblogger#mommybloggers #saynotojunk #happytummy #easyrecipes #fruitforkids #foodforkids #toddlerfoodideas
Method To Prepare
- Cut the cucumber and onion into thin slices. Cut all the 4 edges of brown bread and keep it aside.
- We are going to prepare 3 layers cucumber sandwich, begin with generously spreading green chutney on 1st bread slice. Top the bread slice with a thin cucumber slice. I used 5 cucumber slices to cover up the bread.
- Take 2nd bread and spread mayonnaise on it and top it with onion and cucumber slices (2 onion and 2 cucumbers). Make sure the bread is covered well with veggies.
- Spread tomato sauce on the 3rd bread and place it on top of the 2nd bread slice. 3 layered sandwich is ready to be grilled.
- Apply a generous amount of butter on top of sandwich and grill both the sides for 2-3 minutes in medium flame. You can also grill the cucumber sandwich in a grill pan until both the sides are golden.
- Serve the cucumber sandwich hot with tomato sauce.
- I prefer to use brown bread, you can replace the same with multigrain bread or regular white bread.
- You can replace the mayonnaise with curd to make a healthier version of the cucumber sandwich.
- Grilling is optional. You can use regular dosa tawa to roast the cucumber sandwich.
- The cucumber can be replaced with carrot, beetroots or any other veggies of your choice.