Ragi Banana Pancakes – Healthy and Easy Recipes for Kids
Ragi needs no introduction, it is a wholesome ingredient which is must for the kid’s growth and development. It is never too early to start introducing ragi into your child’s diet, it a foundation for a healthy lifestyle. finger millet is popularly known as ragi in India household. It is a superfood because it is rich in plant-based protein, iron, and calcium.
Apart from this, ragi is loaded with natural antioxidants and helps to promote hair growth. In short, the ragi is a wholesome food for the entire family, my personal favorite is ragi halwa. This ragi banana pancakes can be offered as finger food for babies and toddlers too. If your child is teething, a few pieces of ragi banana pancakes can calm them.
Ragi Banana pancakes – Healthy and Easy Recipes for Kids
- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Ripe banana – 2 nos
- Roasted chana dal – 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom powder -2 pinch
- Honey -1 tablespoon
- Warm milk – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Ghee – 2-4 spoons
View this post on Instagram
Lotus seeds and ragi banana pancakes #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #babysnack #kidstiffinbox #lunchbox #quickrecipes #quickandeasyfood #foodblogger #ragi #preschoollunch #preschoolfood #zenithbuzz #vegfood #babyfood #raisingafoodie #tiffenbox #lunchboxrecipes #southindianfood #recipes #easyrecipes #lotusseeds #bangalorefoodblogger #bangalorefoodies #mommycooking #chefmom #instadaily #instafood #fushionfood
Method to Prepare
- Get all the ingredients ready, peel and mash the banana well. Instead, you can also give it a quick pulse in the mixer grinder.
- Take a pan and dry roast the chana dal in low flame for about 2- 3 minutes. Allow it to cool and grind it into a fine powder.
- Take a large mixing bowl, add ragi flour, roasted chana dal powder, cardamom powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Now add warm milk, ripe banana, and honey to the dry ingredients and mix everything well. Make sure no lumps are formed, the consistency should be similar to dosa batter.
- Allow this ragi banana pancake batter to rest for 10-15 minutes. This will make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated with each other.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour some ghee, allow the pan to get hot and gentle pour the ragi banana batter on it.
- Drizzle some ghee and cover the pancake. Make sure you are cooking the pancake in low flame only.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and then flip the side. Now, open cook this side of ragi banana pancakes for 1-2 minutes in low flame.
- Repeat the same for rest of the batter.
- Serve the ragi banana pancakes with some honey on top or any fruit of your choice.
- You can replace the honey with sugar or palm jaggery. If you are preparing this recipe for babies under 1 year, skip honey and salt.
- It is best to use the ripe banana, it makes the ragi banana pancakes naturally sweet.
- You can prepare the pancakes on dosa tawa, but I would suggest you use the non-stick pan for best results.
- The pancakes should be cooked in low flames only, overheating can burn the ragi pancakes.
- You can skip roasted chana dal, it is totally optional.