Kidney beans are nutrient dense food, it is high in amino acids and easily digestible. If you are a vegetarian, kidney beans can complete your regular protein requirement in a healthy way. In fact, dried beans contain twice the amount of folate as compared to regular kidney beans.
Boiled kidney beans contain essential nutrients like zinc, iron, magnesium, fiber, antioxidants etc. It helps in the overall development of growing kids.Preparing kidney bean salad is super easy, all you need is a few ingredients to get started.
Kidney Bean Salad – Healthy Toddler Snack Recipe
- Kidney Beans -1 Cup (soaked overnight and boiled)
- Onion -1 nos (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 nos (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 1 teaspoon (grated)
- Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Jeera Powder -1 teaspoon
- Butter -2 spoons
- Salt to taste
View this post on Instagram
Banana and Kidney Bean Salad #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #babysnack #kidstiffinbox #lunchbox #quickrecipes #quickandeasyfood #foodblogger #kidneybeans #preschoollunch #preschoolfood #zenithbuzz #vegfood #babyfood #raisingafoodie #salad #tiffenbox #lunchboxrecipes #southindianfood #recipes #easyrecipes #banana #bangalorefoodblogger #bangalorefoodies #mommycooking #chefmom #instadaily #instafood #fushionfood
Method To Prepare
- Soak the kidney beans for 8-10 hours, I prefer soaking them overnight with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Pressure cook the soaked kidney beans with 2 cups of water for 4-5 high whistles.
- Allow the pressure to release and wash the cooked kidney bean with cold water. Press the kidney bean to check whether they are boiled well or not.
- It is better to discard the leftover water of boiled kidney bean as it contains a toxin which can harm the tummy.
- Turn on the flame, take a pan, add butter and boiled kidney bean . Give it a quick stir for 1-2 minutes. You can also skip this step.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the cooked kidney beans, onion, tomato, carrots, pepper powder, jeera powder, salt, and coriander leaves. Give everything a quick mix.
- Serve yummy kidney bean salad with some fresh fruits. It can instantly turn into a healthy and tasty wholesome snacks.
- I prefer soaking the kidney bean overnight, you can also soak them for 4-5 hours in hot water if you are running out of time.
- You can include fresh veggies of your choice to prepare the kidney bean salad.
- Tossing the boiled kidney beans in butter is totally optional, you can skip this step