Mixed vegetable cutlet is the easiest way to add vegetable of your choice into your little one’s tiffin box. You can sneak in all kind of vegetables which your child makes faces to eat. The choice of vegetable is totally yours, the ultimate goal is to make healthy toddler Tiffin recipes. In this recipe, I have used red cabbages instead of regular cabbages. Red cabbages help to improve digestion and is an excellent source of vitamin K and C.
Raisins, Oranges and Mixed Vegetable Cutlet
- Potato – 2 boiled, peeled and mashed
- Red Cabbage – ¼ Cup (finely chopped)
- Sweet Corn – ¼ Cup (boiled)
- Carrot – ¼ Cup (grated)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
- Pepper – ¼ tablespoon
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 2 tablespoon
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Breadcrumbs – ¼ cup (preferably brown bread)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee to shallow fry the cutlets
View this post on Instagram
Raisins, Oranges and Mixed Vegetable Cutlet #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba#daughterlunch #healthyfoodchoices #healthymeals #healthylifestyle #kidstiffinbox #simplerecipes #zenithbuzz #indianfoodie #foodblogger #quickandeasyfood #foodpostsdaily #bestforkids #sweetcorn #vegetarianrecipes #vegetarian #vegfest #redcabbage #southindianfood #vegfood blogger #mommycooking #chefmom #mommybloggers #saynotojunkfood #happytummy #easyrecipes #quickrecipes #cutlet #vegetarian #vegcutlets
Method To Prepare
- Take a big mixing bowl, add boiled potato, onion, red cabbage, sweet corn, carrots pepper, oregano, salt, and coriander leaves. Add 2 tablespoons of breadcrumb and make a soft mix. If needed add 2-3 teaspoons of water. The mixed vegetable cutlet base is ready.
- Grease your palms with ghee, take a small portion of the vegetable mix and make small coin-sized cutlets and keep it aside.
- Take a small bowl, add milk and cornflour to it. Mix together and make a thin paste. Now add salt and pepper to this paste (just a pinch).
- Now, dip each raw mixed vegetable cutlets individual into the cornflour mix and then place them on breadcrumbs. Make sure both the sides are well covered with breadcrumbs.
- Let the cutlets rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Turn on the flame, take a pan, add ghee and shallow fry the cutlets on both the sides in medium flame until it turns golden in color. Usually, each side takes 1-2 minutes. The mixed vegetable cutlets are ready
- Serve the mixed vegetable cutlets with sauce.
- You can also pressure cook all the vegetable for 1-2 whistles and then prepare vegetable cutlets. I avoided this step because all the vegetables which I used could be eaten in raw form.
- I used milk and corn flour paste to dip the cutlets, you can replace it with rice flour and water.
- You can replace ghee with oil. If you are preparing it for kids, I would suggest you make use of ghee or gingelly oil.
- You can add vegetable of your choice while preparing mix vegetable cutlets. Adding paneer /tofu will make these a healthy lunchbox for kids.