Sweetcorn and spinach is one classic combination which no one can resist. Kids usually don’t like spinach much but it is loaded with health benefits. At the same time kids enjoys sweet corn, it is rich in folic acid and is loaded with high fibre. Let’s combine them together and prepare yummy sweet corn spinach tikki.
The vitamin K present in spinach ensures strong bones and immunity system. The beta carotene and chlorophyll improve the eyesight. A regular dose of spinach keeps the little one super energized. Sweetcorn’s are high in vitamins and minerals and low on fat.
Sweetcorn Spinach Tikki – Healthy Snacks box Recipe
View this post on Instagram
Banana and Sweetcorn Spinach Tikki . . . #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #babysnack #kidstiffinbox #lunchbox #quickrecipes #quickandeasyfood #foodblogger #preschoollunch #preschoolfood #zenithbuzz #babyfood #raisingafoodie #tiffenbox #tiffenboxes #lunchboxrecipes #recipes #easyrecipes #paneer #bangalorefoodblogger #Sweetcorn #tikki #spinach #homemade #spinachrecipes
- Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup Potato – 1
- Garlic Powder -1 teaspoon
- Oregano -2 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder– 1 pinch
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Salt – To taste
Method To Prepare
1. Pressure cook the sweet corn and potato for 2- 3 high whistles with ½ teaspoon of salt in high flame.
2. Once the pressure settles, peel the potato and keep it aside.
3. Rinse the spinach in running water 2-3 times. Fill a large pot of water and bring it to boil, once the water is hot add spinach leaves to the boiling water and after 20-30 seconds, put the spinach leaves in ice-cold water to stop cooking. The spinach is now blanched. Chop the blanched spinach and keep it aside.
4. Remove the sweet corns from the kernel and roughly chop it.
5. Take a large mixing bowl, add boiled potato, blanched chopped spinach, and roughly chopped sweet corn. Add garlic powder, oregano, pepper powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix everything well.
6. Take a pinch of this mix and make small tikki’s, refrigerate the sweetcorn and spinach tikki’s for 15 minutes.
7. Take a pan, add butter and pan-fry the Tikki for 7-10 minutes each side in medium flame.
8. Sweetcorn and Spinach tikki is ready to be served.
1. Blanching of spinach is a crucial step, please don’t ignore.
2. You can replace butter with olive oil or ghee.
3. To prepare crispy tikki’s, coat generous amount of bread crumbs on both sides of tikki . This is optional.