Paneer is bae, almost every kid enjoys eating paneer. To make the kadhai paneer healthy and wholesome, I prefer sneaking in some colorful capsicum. It does look appealing and also is super healthy. Roti and kadhai paneer combo will keep your little one’s tummy full. As we all know, paneer is loaded with health benefits and has the goodness of milk.
- This creamy wonder is loaded with protein, strengthens bones, improves blood sugar levels and digestion. I am keeping this recipe super simply because we mommies got no time to grill and prepare a heavy-duty dish. Here goes the easy kadhai paneer recipe.
Kadhai Paneer and Roti – Easy Lunch Box Recipe
View this post on Instagram
Kadhai Paneer and Roti . . #inherlunchbox #aksharakadabba #babysnack #kidstiffinbox #lunchbox #quickrecipes #quickandeasyfood #foodblogger #preschoollunch #preschoolfood #zenithbuzz #babyfood #raisingafoodie #tiffenbox #tiffenboxes #lunchboxrecipes #recipes #easyrecipes #paneer #bangalorefoodblogger #kadhaipaneer #paneerrecipes #roti #homemade #milkymist #milkymistpaneer #foodclassics26
Ingredients to Prepare Kadhai Paneer
- Paneer Cubes – 1 cup
- Onion Cubes – ¼ Cup
- Bell Pepper – 1 cup (Mix of green, red and yellow bell pepper)
- Garlic herbs – 1 spoon
- Meat masala /garam masala – 1 spoon
- Pepper powder – 1 spoon
- Red chili powder – ½ spoon
- Cumin seeds powder – 2 spoon
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- curd – 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon – ½
- Clove – 3 nos
- Bay leaves – 1
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Salt to taste
Method to Prepare Kadhai Paneer
1. Cut bell onions and peppers into small cubes, the size should be similar to the paneer cubes.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, add curd, turmeric powder, pepper powder, red chili powder, meat masala (garam masala), cumin seeds powder, chaat masala, garlic herbs, salt, olive oil. Mix everything well with a whisker.
3. Add the paneer and colorful bell peppers to this marinade and gently mix everything well.
4. Squeeze half lemon juice to this marinade and let everything rest for 15-20 minutes ( you can refrigerate ).
5. You may notice that the marinade is well absorbed by paneer and veggies. Don’t discard the excess curd masala solution.
6. Take a heavy bottom kadhai, heat oil and add the marinated paneer, capsicum and onion along with the curd masala solution.
7. Keep the flame low and let the veggie and paneer cook in the curd masala solution for 12-15 minutes. Do not add any water
8. Once everything is cooked well, increase the flame and sauté for 1-2 minutes in high flame, until the curd solution is completely absorbed in the recipe.
9. Turn off the flame, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot ghee rotis.
1. If you want the kadhai paneer to be a bit watery, you can add 2 tablespoons of water once everything is cooked well.
2. While marinating make sure the curd is thick (no need to use hung curd) and not watery.
3. The cache is to cook paneer and veggies in curd mix solution without adding any excess water.
4. Do not cook the marinade in high flame for the first 5-7 minutes as the curd mix solution can curdle and veggies can become soggy.